Thursday, January 30, 2014

I Am Not Sure What To Do

  Well today is going to be a very interesting post. I am still in the process of processing what has been happening in the last few hours. Yet I feel like it is a tender mercy and I am still not quite sure how and yet I do. Now that I have totally confused all of you I will tell you what has happened. Last night or sometime during the day I received my visa to go to Brazil. Totally great and amazing and exciting you would think. I thought that 6 months ago that would be the case. Do not get me wrong I am but I am not all at the same time. That is where the tender mercy comes in. I was not overly excited about leaving. In fact I was really upset that I was leaving.
  So how is this a tender mercy? Good question and the best answer I can come up with at this point is that my Heavenly Father has allowed me to make friendships here and fall in love with the people in Northern Virginia. He has allowed me to make this part of my life. I would not trade this last 6 months for anything. Even being in Brazil. I have learned so much. Those things I could not have learned had I been in Brazil. So yes this time here and feeling sad has been a tender mercy of the Lord.
  They say saying goodbye on your mission becomes easier. I would like to say I have yet to see that. If it would though I feel like I would be less likely to have an open heart to those around me. I would close part of my heart off to people. I am so happy to have gotten to know the people that I did to feel the love that I have. I know there are bigger things out there awaiting for me to learn and tender mercies for me to see in Brazil. Part of me though will always and forever be in Northern Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment