Friday, January 17, 2014

ROY ROGERS!!!!!

  Today I was praying about what I should share today. I looked back over the weeks and nothing really stood out to me. It was really weird. So I continued to think about what I should share and I went about my day. There was things I could have easily shared, like how 3 men are currently fixing my kitchen sink and I don't have to worry about it, or how guess what one night where I was outside all night it stopped raining as soon as we went out but that is not what I was suppose to share. I was suppose to share something that had not happened yet.

  This week was crazy. We have had a lot going on and well lets face it the life of a missionary never goes as how we plan it. Stuff always come up. This week more than ever! To say the least we have had to learn to roll with the punches. Mind you this is the most fun I have ever had in my life. After a while though it does get a little hard and it wears on you.

  Like I said there are currently in my home 3 men fixing our kitchen sink. We live in a very small apartment. There was no way Sister Udall and I could have gotten in there to make our lunch. So we went out to see what we could eat. We wanted to try something new. The place we really wanted to go was closed so we kept driving. Then we saw Roy Roger's. Everyone was walking in and out of the place. That to us seemed like a good enough reason to try it out.

  We walk in and start to order. We are so excited and getting ready to pay when a man walks up and goes "These fine Sisters are my friends and are my guest. Their meal is on me today." I had never seen this man in my life. Nor do I expect to see him again in my life. He then explained he was from Canada and loves our name tags. He said they bring so much joy and warmth. He told us to keep smiling and thanked us for all we did for everyone around us. It was amazing how just that simple act made my day. OK it made my week. He came and talked to us again and we were not able to express our thanks enough. He had done more than just buying our lunch. He helped us as he put it "catch the curve balls thrown at us".

  I learned so much from this man. Not just that he is a great man, but when we do nice things for those around us we do not fully understand what that will mean to them. I learned how my Heavenly Father works once again. He uses other people to help us understand his love. There is a talk called 'You Are My Hands', that talks about how we are each suppose to be the hands of our Savior and reach out in love. I have come to love this and because of today I understand why. We do not know when we will be the answer to someones prayers.

  By seeing this I just added another thing to my New Years resolution list. To look to serve those around me and to pray once again to be the answer to someones prayer. How much joy it will bring to those around us. I am going to try and make this world a little happier. I want to be someones tender mercy for the day!

  I know our Heavenly Father loves me and those around me. I see it in the work that I do and even when I do not always see it right away I know when I ask to see it he shows me. I love my Savior and his love for all of us. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment