Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Remeber Remember!

  Over these last few days I have been pondering about past experiences. These moments in time that we remember. Some good some not so good. Why do remember these things? I have slowly come to understand why. They are knowledge we can pull from. These are tender mercies.
  These moments I have found has done two different things for me. The first is I learn something to help me make a better choice then in the past or remember the good choice I made and the blessing that came from it. So I can then make the same choice again. Then the second one is it reminds me the hard times in our lives were suppose to happen so we could see why we needed it then.
  These moments help us solve the problems that we are facing in the here and now. I have noticed in the last few weeks I have been thinking more of these experiences I have had in the past. I have learned from them. It may have been an experience that helped me learn more about a certain principle or a time in my life where I had learned something and it was brought back to my remembrance. All of which have helped me make decisions and better myself. How great is that.
  It puts everything into perspective. I could not tell you how many times I have heard in my life "Everything happens for a reason." It tends to get old and at the time it is really annoying. The thing is IT IS SO TRUE! We may not find out what that reason is until days, weeks months or even years later. The things you learn in those hard moments may not come to  mind until later. Even if it is "Hey not making that mistake again." It is a tender mercy. You learned from that and you applied it to your life.
  As I have been writing this I have come to understand more. Think about it we all have emotions. We all understand (for the most part) what each emotion we feel means. These are tender mercies and all part of the process of past experience. We have these to help us  learn and to grow. We know that when we are sad we need to change what ever is causing us to be sad because we do not like it. When we are happy we want to continue to do what we are doing to continue that emotion! It is a great example of learning from past experiences and how are emotions help us to do that. We would not know this had we not felt that before.
  My mind is blown and I am not even sure any of my thoughts make ANY sense but I know that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to bring things to our remembrance! I just realized one man can say what I am trying to say better than I could. It is by the Holy Ghost or the Spirit that this happens here is a video about what he has to say about it!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1737858984001

No comments:

Post a Comment