Wednesday, January 22, 2014

There is Always Good in the Bad

 This week I have learned once again that the Heavenly Father works in amazing ways. Not just that but in ways we may not think. I have come to learn that sometimes the hand of the Lord will be seen through our hard times in life. That is what it has been for me this last week.

  As I have reflected over this last week I have thought to myself I have learned so much. I have seen the love my Heavenly Father has for me. How you might ask, if it has been not one of the best weeks ever. It may not have been but I do know this he answers my prayers. I have seen that I need to look in ward instead of outward. There is always something that needs to be improved on and it may not be an outside source that needs to change. Change is not an easy thing to do. I think that is why I have been choosing to see out ward. It is so much easier to say the other person needs to change.

  This week I have seen that change while yes it is hard it helps us grow the most. Through this changing process for me I have come to see that through this whole change it has been the Lords hand that has allowed me to change. I could not do it by myself. He has given me so much comfort through it all. One of which came from a poem by Douglas Malloch called 'Good Timber'


Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further the sky, the greater the length.
The more the storm the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.

 What that did for me was to show me that even though this process  is not going to be easy it will make me stronger and make me the person strong person I am suppose to be. My Heavenly Father might not take my issues right away the answer to my prayers might be just  a feeling of peace or the thought that I can do this.

  Through this process I have become a person I could not have become without His help. That is a tender mercy. It may not have seemed like it at the beginning of the week or half way through the week but this process of becoming is the Lords hand in my life. I know the He does not forget about me at all. He has put so many amazing people in my life and helped me through so many things that I know this time will not be any different. I am so grateful  I have the knowledge that I have a loving Heavenly Father and with his help I can do all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment