Thursday, January 16, 2014

Unexpected Answer

  As I sit down to write this I am trying to pick which of the tender mercies that I have seen in the last few weeks. Let me tell you I am so glad I have that problem right now. There are so many. They range from small simple ones to rather large. I have decided I might as well start out big.

  Yesterday I was having not the best day. I felt like I was forgetting everything and nothing seemed to be going as planned. About half way through my day I knew I needed to pray and to ask for help. I was tired and felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I hate that feeling more than anything. Mostly because that is when I seem to forget things. After I prayed for help to remember things I went and continued to work. Things did not get better.

  But in a way I never thought my Heavenly Father would show his love and give me comfort came later last night. My companion (Sister Udall) and I where teaching a women and I had forgotten my scriptures in our car. So I had to use one that I had in my bag. I grabbed one and it was one someone had given me as a gift. I put it back and grabbed another one. We went through our lesson and all was fine.

  Some back story here before I go on. I have been told about a really cool way to mark scriptures to give people and over view of the Book of Mormon that can be read in an hour. I have been searching many months to find a copy of the Book of Mormon that has it in it.
 
  After the lesson we got back into the Book of Mormon and I just grabbed the Book of Mormon that was a gift once again. I just opened it up and guess what it was the Book of Mormon that I had been looking for. I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and love. For some reason I did not feel as stressed as I had through out the day.

  The person that had given me the Book of Mormon had no idea that it had those markings in it. She also had no idea I was looking for it. My Heavenly Father knew what that would do for me. It would make my day and change my outlook on all of today.

  After that moment guess what life went on. We went to visit someone and I stepped in a mud puddle, we came home our sink in our kitchen had leaked and there was water EVERYWHERE, but because I knew my Heavenly Father had given me that tender mercy it didn't matter. In the long run it didn't matter. My shoe could be washed, the floor could be cleaned up. My Heavenly Father giving me something only He knew I was looking for and it mattered more to me. It allowed me to look at the big picture and see what really mattered.  It allowed me to have peace that he hears my prayers and in the long run He knows what is going to make the biggest impact on my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment